Novgorod, May 31, 2013
The culprits have broken through apertures laid in bricks and have left graffiti with obscenities of anti-Church content on the walls of this medieval Church situated not far from the Yuriev Monastery.
It is also possible that the neighboring Church of of Apostle Thomas has been damaged as well. Access for inspection of that church is limited.
The Church of St. John the Merciful at Myachina was built in 1422. The upper portion of the building was altered in the 17th century. During World War II the church was heavily damaged, but during 1962-1963 it was restored.