Leposavic, May 15, 2015
A monument to the ever-memorable Patriarch Pavle of Serbia (1914-2009) has been unveiled in the town of Leposavic in North Kosovo. This event took place on May 12, 2015, during celebrations on the feast-day of St. Basil (Vasilije) of Ostrog (1610-1671) to whom the church in Leposavic is dedicated.
The creator of the monument is Milenko Balovic, a sculptor from Raska. The statue is about three meters (c. 10 feet) high. The monument has been installed in an open area and can be seen perfectly from the nearby motorway.
The blessing and unveiling of the monument were headed by Bishop Teodosije of Raska-Prizren, who also celebrated a Divine Liturgy in Leposavic on that day. On the same day a procession of the cross was held through this small town for the first time.